May 10, 2019
Welcome to the Money Wisdom Podcast where Joel Johnson,
CFP® of Johnson Brunetti, reviews retirement and investment
topics weekly. Let's get started…
Not all investors are successful. Find out what successful
investors do that unsuccessful investors don’t do. Learn how to
follow the example of investment experts to avoid mistakes that can
diminish your money in retirement.
What You'll Learn:
– Never Claim Social Security Benefits
Without a Strategy
- Successful investors have a strategy for everything they
- Don’t look at social security as an individual piece but look
at the whole picture.
- Never Invest Without a Plan
- If you are over 50 years old, you should have an investment
plan or risk running through your savings far too soon. It’s about
many things working together.
- Never Have Only One Source of Income
- We need diversified income plans and diversified
- It’s important to be able to turn different sources of income
on and off during certain times.
- Never Ignore Inflation
- Life expectancies are in the 90-year range. This means
inflation could be a killer to your retirement security.
- One or two percent over 20 or 30 years can make a
- Never Forget the Key Role that Taxes Play in
- Many times, taxes are being ignored when money is being
- It’s possible to lose 20 to 30 percent to the tax man.
- Successful people pay a lot of attention to taxes.
- Never Ignore Risk
- There is a misconception that wealthy people take more risks
when the opposite is actually true.
- People are often taking more risk than they need to. Take as
little risk as possible with that core investment egg.
- Never Withdraw Money from Retirement Accounts Without
- Contribution is automatic but withdrawing the money can be
riddled with all kinds of traps like taxes.
- For every dollar you earn the IRS is your partner.
- Savvy people pay much less by having a strategy.
“Saving for retirement alone is not enough. If you want to
retire successfully today or if you want to continue to be
successful in retirement you need to have a plan. A thorough and
thoughtful plan.” – Joel Johnson
Money Map Retirement Review
Attend A Workshop
Introduce A Friend
Submit A Question
Call us: 1-800-757-0436
Thank you for listening!